We’ve won our 3rd consecutive Gold Cardiac Smart award
With the publicity over Fabrice Muamba’s cardiac arrest, the Oliver King Foundation’s petition, and with more common interest over Sudden Arrhythmic Death Syndrome (SADS), the dangers of heart health are at the forefront of the nation’s psyche.
The Cardiac Smart initiative promotes awareness of heart health, and awards community groups, organisations and individuals for their commitments to increasing this awareness within their local community or workplace. The criteria for achieving each standard increase across the three levels of Bronze, Silver and Gold.
For the third time, Heartbeat NWCC have been successful in being awarded a gold Cardiac Smart award, the highest possible achievement. Heartbeat NWCC are actively engaged with the Chain of Survival and Community Resuscitation teams across the North-West Ambulance Service promoting the four stages to the ‘chain of survival’.
Our notable Cardiac Smart gold award achievements include:
- All our sites have an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- All staff are trained in CPR and AED use
- A Community Public Access Defibrillator (cPAD) has been placed on the external wall of our PNE site
- First aid courses for the community run on a monthly basis at PNE
- ‘Mini-medics’ a child friendly first aid course is available to primary schools throughout Lancashire
- Actively promoting AED’s/cPADs through our network of corporate partners
How we can help you?
- Automated External Defibrillator – We are working very closely with