Volunteer Roles Available!
Be a Heartbeat Hero and be part of our Volunteer Team
We are a small team with big aspirations and we rely on the generosity and time of our donors and volunteers to make those aspirations a reality.
If you are able to spare any time, even an hour or so here and there please contact Lynn on 01772 717147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Roles Available!
Role: Store Collection Volunteer
We have store collections throughout the Preston area all through the year.
We are looking for volunteers for store collections through August and September, then through until December… Can you help?
- We ask for 1 or 2 people per hour between 10am and 4pm
- Banners, buckets, tabards and ID’s are will be supplied on the day
- On occasion there will have leaflets that can be handed out also
- Support your local Heart Charity
- Supermarkets ie. Booths, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons in the Preston area
- No previous experience necessary
- Good fun, for all ages (Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult)
Role: Fundraising Volunteer
We need you: to organise your own event for Heartbeat, anything from a coffee morning to a summer BBQ, the choice is yours! Invite your friends, have fun and raise money for your favourite heart charity!
Role: Reception Volunteer
We need you: 9.00 – 5.00 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
We need volunteers to help with part time shifts on the above days. Can you spare a few hours? Duties will include answering the phone, transferring calls, directing or accompany patients to 2nd floor for nurse appointments and treadmill tests, help with any general duties and assist the Reception Team. Training provided.
Role: Collection Volunteer
We need you: to place and return collection boxes in local shops, hairdressers, chippy’s, garden centres, post offices, pubs, clubs etc.
Role: Case Study Writer
We need you: to support the fundraising team, however you may also be asked to support the services team, below are some examples of what you will be doing:
- Communicate with Heartbeat Instructors, Cardiologist and Patient Support to identify possible case studies
- Interview Heartbeat members who have been identified as suitable candidates for case studies
- Write stories for a bank of case studies
- Consult with Website Co-ordinator and staff managing social media accounts
Initially we would be looking for a commitment of 2-3 hours per week for a 1 month period, this may then be extended. We will be as flexible as possible so that you can fit the role alongside other commitments.
Role: Volunteer Graphic Design Assistant
We need you: to support in designing engaging posters and campaign materials for our awareness and fundraising campaigns and events.
What will you be doing?
You will mainly be supporting the fundraising team, however you may also be asked to support the services team, below are some examples of what you will be doing:
- Producing infographics – helping us put our message across through engaging and well-presented infographics
- Design posters, cards and visuals for email & social media that can be used as thanking communications for supporters after completing fundraising events
- Produce fundraising packs and poster templates for supporters individual to their event
- Create marketing materials for Heartbeat NWCC hosted events
Your involvement will make a difference
Please contact Lynn on 01772 717147 or email email@example.com for more information.