Automated External Defibrillator (Defib)
I want to buy an Automated External Defibrillator (Defib)
Be prepared. Be ready. Save a life
Cardiac arrest can happen anytime to anyone. This video produced by Red Production Company Ltd for Cardiac Smart and the North West Ambulance Service details two real life stories of cardiac arrests.
The film releases clips of patients Andy and Sam; hearing the stories of their partners, parents, teachers, family members and also from the lifesavers who were on scene at the time of the cardiac arrests.
Sara Harris, Resuscitation Manager for Greater Manchester said: For those of you who haven’t seen it, our Cardiac Smart film, ‘What would you do?’ was released last month. It looks at the impact of cardiac arrest on family and friends, as well as the patient themselves. Importantly, it’s the first film of its kind to feature a school-age child and the cardiac arrest he suffered whilst at school as one of the featured stories.
- Four times more women die as a result of a heart attack than they do from breast cancer
- 70% of cardiac arrests occur outside of the hospital environment
- About 95% of sudden cardiac arrest victims die before reaching the hospital
- Effective bystanders CPR, provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest, can double a victim’s chance of survival
- Seven out of ten cardiac arrests occur outside of hospital, and currently in the UK, only 2-3% of these people survive
- Early defibrillation can triple a victim’s chance of survival
What is a Defibrillator?
- Defibrillator is the short name given to an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). An AED is used to administer an electric shock to a person who is having a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). The electric shock restores the heart to a normal rhythm allowing it to once again effectively pump blood around the body.
- AEDs are designed to allow non-medical personnel to save lives. Two pads, which are connected to the AED, are placed on the patient’s chest and then the AED determines if a shock is required to save the victim. If a shock is required, the AED uses voice instructions to guide the user through saving the patient’s life.
Defibrillator Packages Available
- We have a number of packages available so help you whether you’re just looking for a defibrillator or if you want a package that includes professional training for your staff
If you have any questions or if you would like to order any of our Defibrillator packages please contact Sian Percival-Edwards on 01772 717147 or firstname.lastname@example.org
♥ Video of Physio Control Unit (mov)