We are the North West’s leading cardiac rehabilitation charity, providing services for over 800 people every week. Based in Preston the charity has supported heart patients and those at risk for 40 years.
Our Charity Number is 1168850
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales, company number 10195311
Heartbeat is committed to the fight to reduce the impact of cardiovascular disease in all our communities within the North West through rehabilitation, information and advice, education and lifestyle support.
Heartbeat was founded in 1978 by Keith and Rose Redman who sadly lost their teenage daughter, Gillian, to heart disease. Keith and Rose recognised the need to develop support and enhanced rehabilitation for people affected by heart disease post hospital discharge. This pioneering approach to cardiac rehabilitation has provided support to thousands of people over Heartbeat’s 40 year history.
Each year Heartbeat has to raise over £900k to continue to successfully deliver heart services and support in Preston and across Lancashire. The charity is solely funded by its own fundraising activities and the generous donations of our supporters, it does not at present receive any external funding from the NHS or government.
The charity is completely independent of the British Heart Foundation and any other heart charities but has developed close working relationships with them and associated delivery partners to assist us delivering the best possible service to our participants.
Our head office and cardiac rehabilitation centre is located on the site of Preston North End football club, in addition to this we have 8 other classes and programmes across Lancashire.
The Heartbeat Team
Heartbeat has a team of dedicated professionals all focused on providing a high standard of care, effective services and support to help our participants achieve the best health outcomes.
The team includes a board of trustees xanaxonlinebuy.com (all volunteers) who provide governance, a clinical director, local GP’s and specialist nurses for medical services.
A cardiac physiologist is on site to deliver our clinical testing whilst our health and lifestyles development manager is educating children, young people and adults on-site and in the community.
A team of qualified fitness instructors guide our participants through structured exercise classes with a patient support officer supporting their journey.
The fundraising and lottery teams provide an annual programme of innovative events and activities that raise the vital funds to keep Heartbeat’s services going. The senior management team make sure the charity utilises Heartbeat’s income to its full potential.
What our participants say
- “I am so grateful for the work your team did in helping me to tackle my obesity through the gym at Pond House and at Deepdale. Jackie Julia and Carl were really great. I’m now swimming 3 times per week and have never been so fit!” Judith Rigg
- “A great service for the people of Lancashire
providing superb care and health initiative s to prevent reoccurren ce of heart issues and support for early interventi on and life saving. Funded by donations and fund raising.” Phillip Ferri-Bannister
- “I went for my induction in the gym and really enjoyed it. The staff were very friendly and made you feel at ease. Looking forward to going again on Monday.” Yvonne Chadwick Ne Danahar
- “Always a pleasure to visit Heartbeat. I did learn however I’m not as fit as I thought!!” Ken Crosby
- “We go here once a month for bereavement
support. Lovely building.” Carla Cardwell
- “Great charity run by top people doing very good work for the community.” Jimmy Fisher
- “Great admiration
for all the team – what a great job they do. xxx” Rita Jackson
- “Fab charity – great cause. Please support – they deserve it!” Alison White